Wednesday, October 10, 2012

New Recipes

Tonight was a success! (as far as I'm concerned) 

Garlic, Rosemary and Chili Almonds

1 tbsp butter
1/2 of a trader joes raw almonds package
2 big cloves of garlic crushed (I actually put a couple more bc I am a garlic freak)
1 handful of fresh rosemary leaves
1 tsp coarse sea salt (I put a tad more of this also)
Chili to taste (I put about a teaspoon)

Melt the butter in a cast iron skillet, add the almonds and stir until they're heated through and starting to brown. Take off the heat and add the condiments, stirring through. Be sure not to burn the garlic! I also sprinkled a bit of garlic powder on top as well. 



No Sugar Added Oat Drops

1 1/2 cups regular rolled oats (I used whole wheat oats from trader joes)
1 cup coconut flakes
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup almond meal (I used whole wheat flour bc I don't have almond meal)
1/2 cup mixed nuts, finely chopped
1 cup raisins 

3 ripe bananas
1/4 cup canola oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
In a large bowl, combine rolled oats, almond meal, mixed nuts and coconut flakes. Stir in cinnamon. Add dried fruit and stir until well and evenly mixed. Make sure the raisins aren't sticking to each other in big batches.
In another bowl, combine canola oil, mashed banana and vanilla extract. Pour wet ingredients over dry ingredients and stir until well combined. 
Take a large spoon and scoop onto a cookie tray. Bake for about 20 minutes or varied depending on your oven until edges are golden brown. 



Not going to lie...I literally just realized the recipe calls for 3 bananas when I only put two. Maybe I need some reading glasses? Oh, and also please excuse the poor pictures. Night!


No comments:

Post a Comment