Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Back Home

I am back home! My time in California was fabulous and I couldn't have asked for a better trip. I hadn't traveled alone in quite some time so I wasn't sure if I would like it or not. I thought I might be quite bored actually. But that surprisingly wasn't the case. I had layovers both ways so I just sat at the bar, grabbed a couple beers and chatted with the people next to me. In fact, I met a nice girl standing in line to board the plane back to Seatac who was super friendly and really funny so I asked her if she wanted to sit together. We chatted the whole plane ride back and stupid me forgot to get her info. I can't even remember her name for the life of me. All well. 
Back home I got to stay in my old bedroom (even though it doesn't look anything like my old room because it has all been redone) and spend time with my family. This is the first time traveling to Ventura as a visitor rather than a resident. It was kind of odd at first I must admit! My brother picked me up from the Burbank airport Monday evening and the air was warm and humid. It was like a breath of fresh air. Suddenly I loved the rat race of Southern California, the freeways I once despised because of my year long commute to work and of course going 80 on the freeway was great! Once we drove up the driveway to the house my parents had decorated with lights I was so happy. The rest of the week was history. It was filled with family time, friend time and eating. I should have called my week Tour de Eat Everything In Sight. I had my list of places I had to eat at, mostly all Mexican food, and I was so glad I was able to check them all off as being complete. Some even were frequented twice.  Ahem....Corrales. Another highlight was I got to work for a day at my old job. It's holiday season which means our little chocolate shop is in high gear trying to produce as much as they can. It was certainly a busy day but it was so nice being able to hang out and laugh with some old friends. Okay okay, and snack on chocolate throughout the day. It was as if no time had passed. I thought my skills would be a little rusty but I did just fine. The weather was perfect. It was sunny every single day in the high 60's. For me, now pretty well adapted to the cool weather here, felt really warm. I never used a jacket the whole time!  
I am happy to be back in my cozy little apartment with my dear husband and Olive. Brian surprised me with a Christmas tree when I got home. What a great treat! In the two years we have been married we have always used our little fake one. We still have that set up...it's in our bedroom now. The more trees the merrier! 
Once I have put all my pictures on my computer I will post them. Promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment