Monday, March 4, 2013

Recipe of the Day

Last week I came across a recipe that called for tilapia in a coconut cilantro sauce. It was super tasty!! I only used about 1/3 of the coconut milk from the can so tonight I am going to make the same sauce except use chicken rather than tilapia. Hopefully it's just as good! Here's the recipe in case you feel like giving it a whirl. 


  • canola oil spray
  • tilapia fillets
  • salt and pepper
  • 1/2 cup coconut milk (i used the light version)
  • 1/2 cup cilantro
  • 1 tsp ginger
  • 2 cloves garlic (i used a tad more)
  • 1/2 jalapeno pepper - seeded and chopped
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. 
Spray pan with oil spray.
Combine coconut milk, cilantro, ginger, garlic, jalapeno in a blender or food processor and pulse until smooth. Pour mix over fish. Bake until opaque (about 15 min). Garnish with cilantro and serve with rice. I served with green beans but I will probably use brown rice tonight. 



No comments:

Post a Comment