- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- 4 Boneless Chicken Breasts
- Kale (1 bunch with stalks removed and chopped into thin ribbons)
- 2 Teaspoons Oregano
- 1 1/2 Cups Pizza Sauce
- 1 Cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Onion - wasn't on the recipe but I added it (amount to taste)
- Garlic - wasn't on the recipe but I added it (amount to taste)
- red wine - wasn't on the recipe but I just threw in a glug as well
Prep & Cook:
- Preheat Oven to 375 degrees
- Heat a glug of olive oil (and red wine if desired) in a large skillet over medium heat, season both sides of chicken breast with salt and pepper and pan fry both sides until golden brown. Once cooked remove from skillet to a plate.
- Add another bit of oil into the skillet and sauté the onion and kale until wilted. Toss with salt and pepper to season.
- Nestle the chicken and its juices back into the skillet with the kale. Sprinkle oregano over top. Mix the pizza sauce with 1/2 cup water and pour it over the chicken and kale. Top with shredded mozzarella and garlic and bake for about 20 minutes.
- Serve with crusty bread