Thai Beef Stir Fry with Mango Carrot Salad
- vegetable oil
- 2 red chilies
- 1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 1 pound beef sirloin-fat trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp worcestershire
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1-2 cups fresh basil leaves, plus more to garnish
- rice-to serve
For the mango carrot salad
- 1 ripe mango-julienned
- 1 large carrot-julienned
- 2 scallions-thinly sliced
- 2 limes-juiced
- 1 tbsp honey
- pinch of salt
- Heat a large skillet (I used my wok) over high-heat with a few tbsp of oil. Add the chilies and ginger and cook for about 30 seconds. Stir in the beef and saute for about 2 minutes or until no longer pink, seasoning with salt.
- Drizzle in the worcestershire and soy sauce and toss to coat. Remove from heat and stir in fresh basil.
- Serve with rice and mango carrot salad
- For mango carrot salad- toss together the ingredients in a bowl and serve room temperature or chilled.
I thought this recipe was super easy and fun to make! I tend to steer clear of Asian dishes because I don't have any experience but when I found this dish I knew I could make it successfully.
Can you believe I finally remembered to take a picture?!