Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Roasted Salmon with Green Herbs

Up here in Washington we are pretty spoiled when it comes to seafood. Last year I discovered copper river salmon. You can't go anywhere for 4 weeks without seeing signs in grocery stores, restaurants, etc. that say "Copper River Salmon Is Here!" I've never seen anything like it! So I figured this is something I need to try. What can be so great about this salmon?? Salmon is salmon. Oh no. It was so good that Brian and I practically binged on all the salmon we could get our hands on for 3 weeks straight. So here I am craving salmon and copper river salmon is not available, so I guess I'll "settle" for the other stuff. :) This recipe is from Ina Garten who I really haven't tried many recipes from so I was very happy it turned out great. 

Ingredients:
  • 1 (2-2.5 pound) skinless salmon fillet (I happened to have 3 small fillets w/ skin)
  • Kosher salt & freshly ground pepper
  • 1/4 cup good olive oil
  • 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
  • 1/2 cup minced scallions, white & green parts (4 scallions)
  • 1/2 cup minced fresh dill
  • 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
  • 1/4 cup dry white wine
  • Lemon wedges, for serving
Directions:
  • Preheat the oven to 425 degrees
  • Place the salmon in a roasting dish and season it generously with salt & pepper. Whisk together the olive oil and lemon juice and drizzle the mixture evenly over the salmon. Let it stand at room temperature for 15 minutes.
  • In a small bowl, stir together the scallions, dill and parsley. Scatter the herb mixture over the salmon, turning it so that both sides are generously coated with the green herbs. Pour the wine around the fish. 
  • Roast the salmon for 10-12 minutes, until almost cooked in the center at the thickest part. The center will be firm with just a line of uncooked salmon in the very center. Cover the dish lightly with aluminum foil and allow to rest for 10 minutes. 
  • Serve with lemon wedges
 Sorry for the horrible picture quality...every time I actually remember to take a picture it happens to be in the awful kitchen lighting when it's dark outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment