It's been a few months since I have posted and I figured I would start back up again eventually...it just took a darn good recipe to do the trick. Tonight I made pasta puttanesca for the first time. It was incredibly easy and very tasty. Give it a whirl!
- 8 ounces pasta (any variety you prefer)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup pitted spanish or greek olives
- 2 tbsp capers
- 1 tsp anchovy paste
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano or 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/8 tsp crushed red pepper (i added more because i like a kick)
- 1 14oz can diced tomato
- 3/4 cup arugula, chopped
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- Bring a pot of water to a boil for the pasta and cook accordingly
- While the water is heating up, heat the oil in a large skillet or pot over medium heat
- Add garlic and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute
- Add the parsley, olives, capers, anchovy paste, oregano and red peppers. Saute for about 2 minutes
- Add the tomatoes and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the arugula and simmer for 1 minute more, until the greens wilt slightly.
- When the pasta is done, drain and toss with the sauce.
- Top with grated cheese
I ate mine with buttered bread
If you've never tried these olives, they are delicious!