Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Pork Chops with Corn and Jalapeno Salad

Here's a dish to put you in the mood for summer! I needed that yesterday and this meal really hit the spot.

Ingredients:
  • 4 bone in pork chops
  • 1 tbsp (or less if desired) salt
  • 1 tbsp sugar
  • 1 tbsp ground coriander
  • 4 ears corn, remove kernels
  • 2 limes, zested and juiced
  • 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
  • 1 pint sweet tomatoes, diced
  • 1 jalapeno, minced
  • 3 scallions, chopped
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
Directions:
  • Combine the sugar, salt and coriander. Rub each of the pork chops on both sides with the mixture, and refrigerate overnight. I didn't buy them ahead of time so I just seasoned and waiting 30 minutes and then cooked them. If you do it this way, I would add less salt. 
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
  • In a large bowl for the salad, add the lime zest, lime juice, cilantro, tomatoes, scallions and garlic and a drizzle of olive oil. 
  • Heat a cast iron skillet over medium high heat with olive oil. Once hot add the corn and jalapeno. I cooked for about 5 minutes. Toss in the salad bowl and mix everything together.
  • Add a little more olive oil to the pan and add the pork chops. Brown both sides. Once browned, throw in the oven for about 5 minutes or until completely cooked inside. I had my trusty meat thermometer to help me. You can cook the pork chops solely on the cook top if you want...I just decided to finish them off in the oven. 
  • The original recipe calls for a bbq but I had to improvise seeing as how we are still pretty rainy here.

No comments:

Post a Comment