I came across a picture that contained a list of cat rules. It is so funny and mirrors Olive's experience with us completely!!! The picture I took wasn't very good so I thought I would type it out.
1. The cat is not allowed in the house
2. Okay, the cat is allowed in the house, but only in certain rooms
3. Alright, the cat is allowed in all rooms, but has to stay off the kitchen counters and off the furniture
4. Well, okay, the cat can get on the old furniture only
5. Fine, the cat is allowed on all furniture, but is not allowed to sleep on the "human" bed
6. Okay, the cat can sleep on the bed, but only curled at the end
7. The cat can find its own spot anywhere on the bed, as long as it stays off the human
8. Well, okay, the cat can sleep on the human, but only on certain parts
9. The cat can sleep on any human part, as long as the human can breathe
10. Sure, the human will move to the couch, curl up & purr contentedly
When Olive showed up on our doorstep she must have known we would give her a very pampered and lavish retirement.