Friday, May 4, 2012

Almost Cinco de Mayo

I LOVE Mexican food...seriously. I could eat it every day, all 3 meals a day. It's that good to me. Since I have been on my computer this morning all that I've been hearing in the background on TV are cooking shows featuring Mexican food and margaritas...I'll just have to clean up the drool from my keyboard a little later. Well, I feel inspired to make pork tacos. My mom gave me a great recipe I have been wanting to try...roasted pork shoulder tacos with all the goodies I love- onion, cilantro, tomato, avocado and spicy salsa. I have never really learned how to properly cook Mexican food so I am going to give this recipe it a try. If it's not that great, well, at least we will have margaritas to dull our palettes a bit and think it's the best food we have ever had! :) 
When I think of Mexican food and parties, I immediately think of going to Rosa's family parties. There is always music blasting, delicious food, great tequila, outside fireplace and great fun. Let's teleport back there for just one day...please! 
Lastly, I just love Mexican, South American, Cuban and Spanish music. Lately I haven't been listening to it at all so I think it's a good time to bring it back into my playlist (and maybe put up a Frida poster or two without telling Brian).




No comments:

Post a Comment