Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Life Lesson for Lindsay

For the past 2 months I have really learned how to budget and I will say it's one of the hardest things to do. Ugh. It's not fun! At all! But I will say that it's really an eye opener to see what you spend your money on every day...sometimes you don't even realize that all the small things have added up to like $100. One of the hardest things for me is not buying new clothes. I really do love clothes shopping unfortunately. And I am happy to report that I haven't been shopping in 2 months except for 1 sweater from Goodwill that cost $2. I don't think that counts :) Another difficult challenge is working within a grocery budget. Back home I didn't realize how much we were just spending on food alone. We would eat out a lot and buy food from the store. We were wasting a ton food because things would spoil and have to be thrown out. What a waste of food and money! So we hardly eat out and make everything at home while trying to keep that grocery bill down. And that part is all up to me...pressure!! I just have to add that on the rare occasion I send Brian to the grocery store I always end up laughing because most times he comes home with something completely different than what I asked. And then he chimes in that this is what happens...I think it's his ploy. Makes me laugh every time. All this budgeting will pay off because we are saving up for a new computer. Both our laptops are on the fritz...I honestly can't believe they have lasted this long. Amazing. It will be SO nice to open a browser and not have the computer seize up and not complete anything for a good few minutes...these are my daydreams as of late. 
I just decided 2 minutes ago to crockpot (my new verb) a beef roast with potatoes, onions, garlic and carrots for dinner. Cheap, easy and there are always leftovers. Settled! 

No comments:

Post a Comment