Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Whirlwind Weekend

This weekend just flew by! I guess that shouldn't be a surprise see as how that's how they usually go. Friday night I decided to make a healthy version of a fried chicken meal. Instead of frying chicken in oil I baked it in the oven, I made coleslaw with reduced fat mayo, mashed potatoes with buttermilk (ok that wasn't so healthy) and corn bread (mix from trader joes-SO delicious!) I haven't had KFC in years because I refuse to give them any money and I like to choose my own meat and make sure I purchase the meat that makes me feel the least guilty. Let's face it, our meat industry here is disgusting and despicable. I made the "mistake" in doing some research and am forever scarred. :/ Anyways, the meal turned out very tasty and I would definitely make it again. 


Saturday Brian and I went wine tasting in Woodinville and later that evening came across a neighborhood german place in university village (north seattle) where we hung out that evening. In no way do I consider myself a beer kinda girl but I was all about it that night. Maybe it was the atmosphere or I have discovered that I prefer german beer...but I really enjoyed it. The crowd was great, the music was great, our server girl was fun to talk with and we decided that was our new hangout. Sunday I vegged out while Brian went to our friend Noah's house to experience how to bottle home made beer. And now it's already Tuesday! Tonight I have orchestra which I am looking forward to. Hope everyone is having a great tuesday! 




No comments:

Post a Comment