Monday, September 10, 2012

Over the Weekend

Per usual, this weekend was pretty busy. I am assuming once the weather turns we won't be on the go so much so for now we'll just keep enjoying the summer and sun while we have it. 
Friday night we went to a concert...we saw Devo and Blondie. Can I just say, I've never seen anything quite like Devo AND their fans. If you haven't seen them live, just picture the nerdiest bunch of white guys rocking out to this bizarre music wearing those stupid hats. I really wish I could have photographed the fans without looking like a complete weirdo. I know I laughed my meal off going from the band to scanning the crowd while also in awe that there are people out there that connect with this music. Here is one of the songs they played...it was practically the same in person as in this video. 


Next up was Blondie who was awesome! She is 67 years old now and still rocking out on stage and still looks great and surprisingly sounds great. Seeing her in concert has inspired me to listen to her music starting from the very beginning of her career. 
Saturday we spent the day at our friends' house warming party/BBQ. Once again, I totally ate waaaay too much food but it was all so good I just couldn't help myself. Noah smoked brisket overnight which was SO tasty. I had never had brisket so that was a treat. We also had veggies and dip, chips and salsa, crackers and cheese, and jalapeno poppers which I helped make. I literally had a slight stomach ache from eating so much. 
Sunday we drove into Seattle late afternoon and ended up in the Elliott Bay Bookstore in Capitol Hill where we drank some coffee and looked at magazines. It was the perfect Sunday afternoon outing. 
I hope everyone had a great weekend!
































No comments:

Post a Comment