Sunday, March 10, 2013

Tournée de Seattle

Yesterday was a gorgeous day out so of course I had to get out and soak up some vitamin d. My friend Rachel volunteered to pick me up and show me around the city - the parts I had not yet seen which to be honest was quite a bit! We drove straight to Queen Anne (lower and upper) and made our first stop at a Danish pastry cafe. I had a cinnamon custard pastry and it was quite good. I admit I am a pretty easy customer when it comes to any kind of pastry but it was nothing to write home about. Queen Anne is very nice and is divided into an upper and lower section. The lower is more of a younger crowd and has their own little main street area while the upper is a little more ritzy, slightly older crowd and has their own main street as well. I would easily live in either without blinking an eye! :) Our next stop was Ballard which is the old Scandinavian/fishing/industrial area. Rachel lived in the Ballard neighborhood for 3 years so she showed me all the good places to go. We stopped at another pastry location that was super popular and had a line out the door. I've gotta say, this place was definitely note worthy. I had an onion & gruyere treat. It was to die for. Afterwards we walked around where all the shops/bars/restaurants were. I will definitely be back to hang out there. Our last stop of the day was the Hiram M. Chittenden Locks and Carl S. English Jr. Botanical Garden. It was so nice to stroll around the water and gardens...everyone else had the same idea because it was quite crowded. I love that when the sun comes out there is immediately more energy and everyone seems super happy. It makes for a much more enjoyable afternoon. 









3 comments:

  1. hope you are scoping out places for our girl date(s) this summer. (we ARE having one, right?!) So excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted to visit Seattle!

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. seattle is top on my list of us cities to visit; i have two dear friends from university out there who i need to see!

    ReplyDelete