- 4 bone in pork chops
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion - sliced
- 1 pint mushrooms
- 3 ears corn - shucked and cut from the cob
- salt & pepper
- crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 lime - zest & juice (separated)
- 1 jalapeno - sliced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp sour cream
- 1/2 cup loosely packed basil (torn)
- In a cast iron skillet over medium high heat, add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Season the pork chops generously with salt and freshly ground pepper. Once pan is hot, add the pork chops and cook 3 to 4 minutes per side. Set aside to rest.
- In another skillet over medium high heat, add the remaining tablespoon olive oil. Add the onion and mushrooms and cook until mushrooms begin to crisp. Add the corn and jalapeno and season with salt, pepper, crushed red pepper flakes, and lime zest. Cook 2 minutes and then deglaze the pan with water. Once water has mostly evaporated, add lime juice, remove from heat and stir in the sour cream and basil.
- Serve the pork chops with the basil creamed corn.
This meal was delicious and perfect for a summer evening.