Monday, September 30, 2013

Squash Bread, Etc.

Our friends who have a garden were super generous and gave us two HUGE zucchini and summer squash. So I thought I would make some bread. The first batch of zucchini bread was pretty good but not something to write home about. The squash bread however was really tasty! Now, I have to admit that before I received this squash I never even knew squash bread existed. Hopefully I'm not the only one?! Maybe I am...all well. Anyways, here is the recipe if you have some squash laying around :)

Ingredients:
  • 3 eggs, beaten
  • 2 cups white sugar
  • 1 cup vegetable oil
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 3 cups all purpose flour
  • 3 tsp baking powder
  • 2 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 2 tsp ground nutmeg
  • 2 cups shredded summer squash
Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease 9x13 baking dish. I used a smaller dish and split into 2 loaves.
  • In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the eggs until fluffy. Beat in the sugar, oil and vanilla. Gradually mix in the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg. Fold in the squash. Transfer to the prepared baking dish.
  • Bake about 45 min in the oven, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. 

In other news, I bought a milk frother!! I understand that this news may not be quite as exciting to others, however I have wanted one for about a year now so the long wait is over. We have been enjoying our coffee a little more fancy these days. 


 We have had quite the rain storm this weekend


Louie has taken up Italian in his spare time


 Squash bread & coffee


Having fun with the duck dynasty app!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment