- 4 (6 ounce) salmon fillets
- kosher salt & freshly ground pepper
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 tbsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 1 cup torn fresh basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- Sliced jalapeno if you desire
- Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium high heat
- Season the salmon on both sides with salt and pepper. Lay out 4 large pieces of aluminum foil for the "boat." Lay the salmon fillets in their own foil boat and on the center of each fillet put a sprig of rosemary, red pepper flakes, and olive oil. Evenly distribute the garlic on top with the jalapeno.
- Bring up all 4 corners of the foil to begin to form a pouch. Before sealing add 1/2 cup of wine to each boat. Tightly seal.
- Put the boats on the grill. Cook until hot throughout, about 4 minutes..
- Remove from the grill, open and top each boat with the fresh basil. Serve immediately
I paired the salmon with a salad which made for a healthy little dinner. Despite the salmon being a bit chewy it was still very good.
(not my picture but I am happy to report mine looked just the same)