Thursday, January 16, 2014

Salmon with Rosemary and Garlic

I admit I am not the best at cooking fish. The window between undercooking and overcooking is so small that it makes me nervous and frustrated if I don't get it just right. And who wants to eat either raw fish or rubbery fish? No one. So tonight's recipe seemed easy enough. Well, there's one detail that would have been nice to know ahead of time so unfortunately my fish came out a little over done. All well. I have made a mental note and will prepare it right the next time. 

Ingredients:

  • 4 (6 ounce) salmon fillets
  • kosher salt & freshly ground pepper
  • 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
  • 1 tbsp crushed red pepper flakes
  • 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
  • 2 cups dry white wine
  • 1 cup torn fresh basil leaves
  • 2 cloves garlic, sliced
  • Sliced jalapeno if you desire
Directions:
  • Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium high heat
  • Season the salmon on both sides with salt and pepper. Lay out 4 large pieces of aluminum foil for the "boat." Lay the salmon fillets in their own foil boat and on the center of each fillet put a sprig of rosemary, red pepper flakes, and olive oil. Evenly distribute the garlic on top with the jalapeno. 
  • Bring up all 4 corners of the foil to begin to form a pouch. Before sealing add 1/2 cup of wine to each boat. Tightly seal.
  • Put the boats on the grill. Cook until hot throughout, about 4 minutes..
  • Remove from the grill, open and top each boat with the fresh basil. Serve immediately
I paired the salmon with a salad which made for a healthy little dinner. Despite the salmon being a bit chewy it was still very good. 

(not my picture but I am happy to report mine looked just the same)

No comments:

Post a Comment