The recipe I used is from Giada's book Everyday Italian.
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 tbsp unflavored powdered gelatin
- 3 cups whipping cream
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tbsp sugar
- pinch of salt
- 2 cups assorted fresh berries
- Place the milk in a heavy sauce pan. Sprinkle the gelatin over and let stand for about 5 minutes to soften the gelatin.
- Stir over medium heat just until the gelatin dissolves but the milk does not boil, about 5 minutes.
- Add the cream, honey, sugar, and salt and stir until the sugar dissolves, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Pour the cream mixture into pretty glasses (if you are going for presentation) or a bowl like I did. Cover and refrigerate until set, at least 6 hours, and up to 2 days.
- Spoon the berries atop the panna cotta and serve.