Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Hiatus

Well, it's been a good week since I have last visited my blog. I attribute my hiatus to sheer laziness! But now I am ready to get back on track. 
Last I wrote about was having to redo my resume...check. I rewrote it, went to Nordstrom to meet the manager and ask questions about the job. The manager was super nice and I got a really good vibe from her, however the position is commission based and knowing myself I would be way to stressed about making sales and not having any fun. I haven't emailed her yet and told her I am not interested but I have pretty much decided that I won't take it. So on Saturday Brian and I drove to University Village to take in a resume to Anthropologie. Unfortunately it was pouring rain...really raining hard. So because I forgot to bring an umbrella I stuck it under my coat to keep it from getting wet and of course became crumpled up. Brian looked at me and just said, "we can't take that in." So I was pretty upset that I did that to my resume. On top of that I was feeling irritable because I was hungry, Brian was irritable because he was hungry so we decided to just get some lunch. After lunch we both felt much better and dropped into the Apple store to check out computers. One of the employees who was helping us was from Newbury Park and told me his girlfriend works at h&m and would be willing to put in a good word for me. So if Anthropologie doesn't work out I will apply there. I feel like I have met a ton of native Californians here. So far I have met more people who grew up out of state than locals. It's the strangest thing. 
Friday I met up with a family friend and showed him around Seattle...it was raining so by the end of the day I looked like a wet animal because silly me forgot to bring an umbrella and didn't have a hood. Oops. But we still had a great time, walked around all day and enjoyed the scenery. Even when it rains it's still so beautiful here. I can't get over it. 

At Red Hook Brewery with Paul



Sculpture Garden




Some vino on my balcony

Some new flowers for the pot



No comments:

Post a Comment